[parisc-linux] gcc crashes/out of memory and groff

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:12:03 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> With groff -fno-gcse does not help but -O0 does. Without -O0 you get an
> internal error.

Cross compiling from an x86-linux box with enough memory+swap (256M + 2G),
env.cc eventually compiled for me using the default -O2 optimisation
level.  I had a crash later when compiling preproc/tbl/table.cc, so that's
nothing to boast about.

table.cc: In member function `void table::build_span_list ()':
table.cc:2009: Internal error: Segmentation fault.

Worse, when I added "-Q -da" to see what was happening, the compile
succeeded - and also succeeded with either of -Q or -da alone.  So I
ran cc1plus under gdb, and that too failed to crash.  :-(
Maybe a garbage collection or uninitialised var bug?

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.