[parisc-linux] kernel BUG at sched.c:692!

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:20:35 -0700

I arrived this morning to discover both my B160 and my C3000 were printing the
following as fast as they could,

Scheduling in interrupt
kernel BUG at sched.c:692!

Looking at linux/kernel/sched.c here's the relevant section,

690 scheduling_in_interrupt:
691         printk("Scheduling in interrupt\n");
692         BUG();
693         return;

scheduling_in_interrupt is called from line 516. Here's some context,

500 asmlinkage void schedule(void)
501 {
502         struct schedule_data * sched_data;
503         struct task_struct *prev, *next, *p;
504         struct list_head *tmp;
505         int this_cpu, c;
506
507         if (!current->active_mm) BUG();
508         if (tq_scheduler)
509                 goto handle_tq_scheduler;
510 tq_scheduler_back:
511
512         prev = current;
513         this_cpu = prev->processor;
514
515         if (in_interrupt())
516                 goto scheduling_in_interrupt;
517
518         release_kernel_lock(prev, this_cpu);

I thought it was odd that both systems chose to freak out last night when I
have never seen this problem on either of them. The B160 is running a slightly
newer kernel and had been up for about 3 days as of last night. The C3K had
been up for 4-5 days. When I left last night the B160 was doing a build
although the it looks like the build died before this problem occurred. The
C3K was idle.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--