[parisc-linux] PDC firmware revision FAQ update

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:50:46 -0800

Hi folks,

The issue of PDC/firmware revs came up locally and sounded like a FAQ.
I added

    "10. How can I check if the PDC (firmware) revision is the latest?"

and what I knew/could find to our FAQ at:

	http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq.html

The new FAQ entry should be visible to the world in the next hour or so.

    **** WARNING ****
    Firmware upgrades can *kill* your machine!
    **** WARNING ****

Don't do it just because. Read the FAQ carefully. Take the
time to figure out why you might need the upgrade and expose
yourself to this risk.

grant

ps. please don't ask me why your favorite machine's PDC isn't listed.
   I don't run the referenced sites.