[parisc-linux] Palinux on a 712/60

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:49:18 -0700

Andrew Shugg writes...

> Arnaud.ATOCH@oecd.org said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got a couple of 715 and I'd love having access to an ISO image with STI
> > console kernel too.
>
> I've never made an El Torito CDROM, is it possible to have multiple boot
> images and a boot loader on a single disc?

El Torito is a PC thing. It makes the front of a CDROM look like a floppy to
the PC BIOS. For hppa you put a lifimage on the front of the CDROM(or tape or
HDD, etc).

> ie could the actual boot
> image be a boot loader (PALO) which then points at one or more kernels
> on the CDROM?

Maybe. Paul Bame is the expert though. I think he had to do some work to get
palo to be able to see a kernel on an ISO9660 filesystem. I don't know if it
can currently be interruped and pointed at a different kernel. Paul?

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@fc.hp.com