[parisc-linux] Beta CD

Phillip D. Beal pdbeal@louisville.edu
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:47:09 -0500

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 05:14:06PM -0500, Paul J.Y. Lahaie wrote:
> Hello fellow PA-RISCers,
>
> An preliminary beta CD for PA/Linux has been uploaded to
> puffin.external.hp.com.  If people could try it and forward any complaints
> or suggestions to me, it would be greatly appreciated.  The URL for the
> image is: ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/cd-images/palinux-0.5.iso.gz
>
> 					- Paul
the CD worked great on the 715 I tried, and I actually didn't have a
serial console machine, so I used my Palm Pilot and a link cable.  Still
worked like a charm.  How did you get the kernel image into the boot
sector of the CD?  I'd like to try to build some CD's of the kernels I'm
building to test in some mahcines that are not on the same network as
the machine that I'm building everything from.

And I don't mind posting my CD images somewhere if they work...but most
of my testing is on a 735 or 755.

Thanks,
--
Phillip Beal