[parisc-linux] dino maintainer?

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:17:41 -0800

Alex deVries wrote:
> Hang on a sec... what Grant's saying is that *card-mode* dino is never
> used for SCSI controllers, but on the B160L it would probably be
> *chip-mode* dino.

No such thing - you probably mean "Bridge Mode" and that's what
the built-in Dino is using.

> Does this mean that all GSC SCSI expansion cards are Zalon based?
>
> So what Helge has isn't a PCI card specifically, Dino and the 53c8xx are
> all on the motherboard.
>
> Does Dino handle IO memory mapping differently for chip or card mode?

yes. yes. yes (conditional).

"IO memory mapping" is a confusing term. I'll assume you mean MMIO.
(Memory Mapped I/O)

MMIO space access is independent of I/O Port space access.
MMIO space access simple isn't available for card-mode Dino since
niether PDC nor the OS assigns host physical address space to the
card-mode Dino (that's what IO_ADDR_EN is for). PDC does this
for Bridge-mode dino (built-in) - but apperently only when it needs
to.

I/O Port space accesses are done the same way for both modes.
I/O Port space access is implemented by poking registers on Dino.

Read the Dino Spec (or source) for more details.

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab
+1.408.447.7253