[parisc-linux] Beta CD

Paul J.Y. Lahaie pjlahaie@linuxcare.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:43:00 -0500

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

This is to answer all the questions about sti console.  Currently, in the
CVS tree, serial console and STI console cannot be turned on at the same time.

This means that a choice between serial/sti needs to be done at compile
time.  At the time we cut the beta, it was decided that serial console was
more important than sti console.  I am also working on resolving the problem
with STI/serial console and once I have a fix ready, I will make a kernel
image available.  The current beta CD is also expecting a console on
ttyS0 and does not currently open a ttyx getty.  When I have a kernel
that can decide the console at runtime, I will look into the beta CD
issues.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, feel free to email me or
post on this list.  Thank you.

						- Paul

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ--