[parisc-linux] Palinux on a 712/60

Ian Zink ian.zink@maryville.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:20:05 -0600

I have a hp 712/60 I was trying to get loaded with Pa-linux. I'm using the
0.5 version of the Pa-linux cd. If I boot right off the CD it all loads
until it gets to Switching to PDC. At that point nothing happens. From I
have read the list, that is because the kernel is switching the text
console. However, the 712s don't have consoles. From what I have also read
the CD should work if you pass the kernel the parameter console=tty. So I
tried to  "boot scsi.2.0 isl" from the boot_admin prompt. It gave me the
PALO ISL, but I could not choose which line I wanted to edit. Further, I
couldn't even type "b" to boot. I don't know if the isl is freezing or what
is taking place
	What I am wondering is there a way to boot a 712/80 without having
to get cross-compiler gcc, compile the kernel, etc. Is there someway I could
add the ramdisk-sti.tgz on the ISO to make it work? If so, what would need
to be done?

Thanks,

Ian Zink, Systems Engineer
Maryville Technologies