[parisc-linux] kernel merge

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:13:49 +0000

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 02:28:33PM -0700, bame@riverrock.org wrote:
> drivers/scsi sym53c8xx_comm.h #ifdef doesn't work on parisc -- eliminates
>                 unmap_pci_mem() causing link error (TODO - rhirst)

Fixed.  This relates to NVRAM that some PCI scsi cards have to hold
config settings over reboot.  CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_NVRAM_DETECT
is normally defined in sym53c8xx_defs.h to turn that code on.  When
I implemented Zalon (FWD) support I guessed that the 53c720 h/w
wouldn't have NVRAM implemented the same way, and turned off
NVRAM detect.

I've also replaced a chunk of Zalon specific code that got lost in
the merge, so Zalon/FWD/53c720 support works again.

There is a problem remaining when using the driver as a module;
it looks like something is trying to printk() from a string in
the module after the module has been removed.  Havn't tracked
that down yet.

Richard