[parisc-linux] HP 9000/730 boot problem

John Marvin jsm@udlkern.fc.hp.com
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:12:56 -0700 (MST)

Grant Grundler wrote:
> Sounds like ASP support may be broken.
> The way to find out where IOAQ and GR2 registers are pointing.
> They should point to functions in System.map.
> Who is maintaining ASP support?

No, the parallel port support for ASP is broken.  If you disable the
LASI/ASP builtin parallel-port support (CONFIG_PARPORT_GSC) you will get
further.  I can't guarantee you will succeed, but others have reported
some success on boxes almost that old.

This is at least the second time this question has come up, so I guess
I'll add it to the FAQ and todo lists.

John Marvin
jsm@fc.hp.com