[parisc-linux] STI Console problems on 735 and 755

Phillip Beal pdbeal@louisville.edu
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:02:39 -0500

Hey,

After all the help I obtained from this list, both through my posts and
through the archives, I've finally gotten the 735 and 755, that I have
access to, to boot and run linux.  However, as soon as it starts to
process init, the console screen becomes garbled.  The system continues
to boot, and I can access the machine via serial console and minicom,
but the physical console on the box, just prints garbage.  Is this
normal for this stage of development?  I couldn't see anything in the
archives, that said it was, so I'm wondering how I fix this problem, if
its been fixed before.

Thanks,
--
Phillip Beal