[parisc-linux] new method for 64-bit parisc tree

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:51:19 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Paul Bame wrote:

> The future parisc64 tree ONLY contains files which are different from,
> or in addition to, those in the parisc tree.  When you 'make config'
> or 'make oldconfig', each file in the parsic tree is symbolically
> linked as the same file in the parisc64 tree.  This enables all
> the rest of the tools/build to work normally.  'make distclean' includes
> a step to remove all the symlinks.

Instead, can't you simply play tricks with -I, and add a symbolic link
asm -> ../asm-parisc in asm-parisc64)?  The idea being to end up with
an include path looking like
"-I $(TOPDIR)/include -I $(TOPDIR)/include/asm"

That way, asm/foo.h is found by the first -I if we have asm-parisc64/foo.h,
and is found by the second if asm-parisc/foo.h exists but not
asm-parisc64/foo.h.  Hmm, you might also need -I-

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.