[parisc-linux] EISA 10/100 nic for 715 systems ?

Barrie Spence baz@calvin.demon.co.uk
Tue, 30 May 2000 17:26:36 +0000 (GMT)

Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org> wrote:
> Ed June said:
> > Were there ever any EISA 10/100 LAN cards for 715 systems?
> > I have found straight 10's and 100's, but not a switching one.

There was an EISA card for the S700's, I think that it was
actually OEM'd from Interphase.

> At my previous job, I had a spare EISA 10/100 card originally out of a
> B160 that I used in my 715/100.
>
> Either the cards or HP-UX was kind of weird about switching between 10
> and 100.  I think I only got that card to talk 100 with a particular
> brand of switch, and that was only when I forced the switch to 100
> half duplex.  (The PCI cards did the same thing, but a kernel patch
> for 10.20 released late last year seemed to fix autonegotiation.)

The EISA card was definitely only half-duplex and generally not
considered a good performer.

The PCI and GSC cards are totally different beasts...

Barrie

--
Barrie Spence			Sanity Clause? There is no Sanity Clause
Home: b.spence@ieee.org		Telephone +44 1506 442304