[parisc-linux] HP-UX random number generator?

Peter A. Peterson II pedro@flynn.zork.net
Tue, 30 May 2000 12:00:54 -0500

Martin --

I got egd installed and working properly, but now openssh craps out
under 'make install' because of:
[gumby(~/openssh-1.2.2)] sudo make install
        gcc -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/ssl/include -D_HPUX_SOURCE
-DETCDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -DSc
In file included from config.h:336,
                 from includes.h:22,
                 from atomicio.c:26:
defines.h:93: parse error before `u_int64_t'
defines.h:93: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
[gumby(~/openssh-1.2.2)]

This machine is running HP-UX 10. Would you know how to go about
adding the proper definitions to the types.h file?

(Or where I could read about how to do it?)

Thanks a lot,
Peter

Quoting FINK,MARTIN (HP-FtCollins,ex1):
> Peter -
>
> Sorry to disappoint - /dev/random /dev/urandom are not available
> on HP-UX.  Lots of internal discussions inside HP on how/when
> to make it available.  No dates.
>
> Martin
>

> > I'm awaiting the day when I can fool around with Linux on my E-45, but
> > in the meantime, I'm trying to use it's tape drive to back up my
> > traditional Linux boxen via piping a tarball through ssh.
> > However, ssh
> > needs a random generator (like /dev/urandom/) and I don't
> > know what an
> > HP-UX equivalent might be, or how to go about installing one.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > pedro

      "She's laughin in her sleeve, boys;
   I can feel it in my bones."  -- Tom Waits