[parisc-linux] EISA 10/100 nic for 715 systems ?

Steven Pritchard steve@silug.org
Mon, 29 May 2000 08:35:58 -0500 (CDT)

Ed June said:
> Were there ever any EISA 10/100 LAN cards for 715 systems?
> I have found straight 10's and 100's, but not a switching one.

At my previous job, I had a spare EISA 10/100 card originally out of a
B160 that I used in my 715/100.

Either the cards or HP-UX was kind of weird about switching between 10
and 100.  I think I only got that card to talk 100 with a particular
brand of switch, and that was only when I forced the switch to 100
half duplex.  (The PCI cards did the same thing, but a kernel patch
for 10.20 released late last year seemed to fix autonegotiation.)

Steve
(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month