[parisc-linux] Free Hardware!

willy@thepuffingroup.com willy@thepuffingroup.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 15:18:20 -0400

Alex, I was thinking of seding out something along the following lines:

---

Thanks to the generosity of several HP employees and the HP equipment
recycling system, we have a number of systems to donate to developers.
If you feel you could make good use of one of these systems and help
the port along, please reply to me and we'll try to decide who gets one.
Suggestions of how to decide who is sufficiently deserving to receive
machines will also be gratefully accepted :-)

These are older systems; mostly 712/60, 712/80 and 715/50 systems.
They are without monitors, but we do have keyboards for the 712 systems;
these can use standard VGA monitors.  Some have hard discs, all have
network (the 715/50 only has AUI; the 712 has 10baseT as well), some
have floppy discs, some have telephony cards, some have extra video cards.

---

I was also thinking about putting some of the gigabit ethernet cards
for the K-class that grant shipped us up on eBay to finance shipping
the systems to developers.  What do you think?