[parisc-linux] 715/50 hang - more info

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 00:26:37 +0100

Hi,
  I have just committed changes to drivers/net/lasi_82596.c and
drivers/gsc/lan.c.  Fairly big changes to lasi_82596.c, partly
just tidyup, partly improvements to cache handling.  It is still
not perfect but is a _lot_ better than it was.  The change to
lan.c was to use a different probe function on older h/w (like
my 715/75), where we need to swap the MPU_PORT, as per the message
from prumpf.  If the driver seems completely dead for you, try
enabling/disabling that word swap, and please let me know that
you needed to.

All success or failure reports welcome :-)

Richard