[parisc-linux] New binutils available from cvs

Tor Arntsen tor@spacetec.no
Thu, 18 May 2000 19:26:51 +0200

On May 18, 11:45, Alan Modra wrote:
>On Thu, 18 May 2000, Philipp Rumpf wrote:
>> Any reason for renaming cvs modules all the time instead of staying with
>> one name and perhaps not pissing off people with slow, expensive
>> connections ?
>
>Mainly so people can still easily use the old binutils.  .diff.gz came to
[...]

That's what tags and branches are for!  *Please* use CVS the way it was
meant to be used, don't use it like some old SCCS system!

It's now close to impossible to track these things.  cvs co -c doesn't show
the modules either, without keeping *very* close tracking of the mailing
list we won't even know what we should/can use.

>1.8M anyway.  I can put the diff somewhere you can get it, if you like.

Sigh.  What *for*?  See above, that's why CVS has branches and tags which
makes it easy for users to:
a) See what's in there (cvs status -v)
b) Switch between versions with ease and with minimal bandwidth
c) Keep several versions locally (copy a tree and switch to other branch or
   rev.)

-Tor