[parisc-linux] glibc and the rest of the world

Paul Bame bame@endor.fc.hp.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 17:34:22 -0600

Since we've changed the assembler comment character, we changed some
existing assembly files in glibc.  Since these changes were done in-place,
we will be unable to fold them back into the upstream sources since
most folks don't use our assembler.  I'm thinking we need a separate
set of linux/hppa files instead of modifying the existing generic hppa
ones but I don't know how to do this.  Comments?  Advice?

My real motivation is to be able to track the real glibc.  I think the
copy we have is flawed, and with our changes it's difficult to go
to a standard release, like 2.1.3 (which I'd love to do, then we
can use the Debian build) or keep up with recent changes.  Since I
changed some of those assembly files too, I'd like to clean
up my hackery a bit before getting much deeper in the mire.

	-Paul Bame