[parisc-linux] crti.S Nested procedures error

willy@thepuffingroup.com willy@thepuffingroup.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 11:53:10 -0400

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:18:54AM -0400, Sam Creasey wrote:
> ok, for a while I was dealing with this by simply hacking up initfini.s by
> hand, but that wasn't necessary last time I built.  I think this is
> related to the fact that somebody had taken out .proc/.procend from the
> assembler entirely (well, ignored them  on ELF targets).  I think this was
> a bad idea (if I remember tc-hppa.c from gas, it depends on these to build
> some of the global symbol information?  It did something even on an elf
> target).

it was a bad idea, it broke other things.  i suspect the right thing
to do is move some of the global symbol information-building code
which is currently invoked upon seeing a .proc or .procend to simply
seeing a non-local label, like the other assemblers do.  i don't see why
linux/elf/pa-risc needs anything special in this regard.  Alan (Modra),
do you have any comments?

> We might need our own magic sed script for parisc.

i'd prefer not to..