[parisc-linux] some questions

Steven Pritchard steve@silug.org
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:54:21 -0600 (CST)

willy@thepuffingroup.com said:
> cool, I didn't know XFree had been ported to hpux 10.10.  In fact,
> I can't see any mention of it on the XFree site, so this intrigues me
> quite a lot.

X11R6.4 compiles on HP-UX (10.20, at least), right out of the box.  I
ran it on a 715 (or was that a 735?) for a while (for some reason that
I can't remember).  I seem to recall that I compiled the server from
the XFree 3.3.x sources once also.  (I really only wanted the XFree
xterm.)

Anyway, it works, but it doesn't have any of the fancy color-recovery
extensions that the "real" HP-UX X server comes with.  It probably
also won't work with anything but really old graphics hardware, but it
would be worth a try...

Steve
(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month