[parisc-linux] some questions

M. Grabert xam@ngi.de
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:44:59 +0200

Hi there,
some questions for you ...

- what will be the minimum memory requirements for
linux/HPPA on a 735/99 ? (with and w/o X)

- IMHO there is no usable free X server for linux/HPPA,
(for my 735) but i think a have working binary of XFree for
hpux10.10 laying around here. If this is true, and the source
code is available, is this going to be difficult to port it to
linux/HPPA ? (perhaps i'll try it out, some time in future)

- AFAIK is the (first) main target the HP9000/7xx series.
I have also a HP9000/800/F10 (8MB) laying around here,
which i don't need anymore, so if you want it ...
.. there is just the problem of transport

- what filesystems are supported ?
is only nfs supported yet ?

greetings max

PS:
i'm a (poor ;) student of computer science in ratisbon,
germany, a i just have 16MB for my 735. Addidional 64MB would
cost about 350$ i think. Some sponsors *grin* ?
Or some ideas where i can get some memory real cheap ?

PPS: great work you're doing!