[parisc-linux] 2.3.99pre1 merge CANCELLED

Jason Eckhardt jle@cygnus.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:28:05 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Bryan W. Headley wrote:

> The early 2.4's will go fast, as things forgotten to be merged, or not merged
> right and ferreted out and fixed. (One of the reasons I dislike the parallel
> development paths: none of us have good enough revision control tools to
> notice that something fixed in 2.2 after branch-off did not propagate to 2.3
> as it should -- ah, for a PD Clearcase!)

  While CVS isn't the perfect revision control system, I would use almost
  anything before ever touching ClearCase again...the intolerable slowness,
  the endless clearcase admin issues, the more-time-being-pissed-off-at-
  clearcase-than-doing-real-work issues, ...
  jason.