[parisc-linux] Cross compiler -- on Alpha?

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
15 Mar 2000 17:57:28 -0500

"Brian S. Julin" <bri@mojo.calyx.net> writes:

> tc-hppa.o: In function `tc_gen_reloc':
> /usr/src/parisc/binutils/gas/./config/tc-hppa.c:3972: undefined reference
> to `_bfd_elf64_hppa_gen_reloc_type'
> /usr/src/parisc/binutils/gas/./config/tc-hppa.c:3972: undefined reference
> to `_bfd_elf64_hppa_gen_reloc_type'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [as-new] Error 1

Yeah, the problem here is that some part of the binutils configure
script is getting the host and target word size confused and thus
thinking that it should be building for an ELF64 instead of ELF32
target.

You cna fix this by undefining BFD64 in tc-hppa.c and possibly some
other place, I think.  I didn't commit this to CVS because it's really
the wrong thing to do. Someone who actually understands the binutils
configuration and build system should be able to apply the correct fix...

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 tel