[parisc-linux] HIL_BASE ("finding" devices)

Ulrich Strelow ulrich_strelow@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:10:07 -0800 (PST)

--- Philipp Rumpf <prumpf@inwestnet.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 03:52:52PM -0500, Brian S.
> Julin wrote:
> > I've only just really started to hack at the HIL
> driver, but
> > one thing I noticed off the bat is that the
> HIL_BASE defined
> > in hil.h is 0xf0821000 while the device base
> listed when
> > I boot for the HIL is 0xf0201000.  This probably
> means it
> > varies across different models.
>
> It probably does.   AFAIK, the HIL driver is pretty
> much a hack
> Matthew did to get his 715's keyboard working (the
> 715 and keyboard
> are here now and Matthew is in Ottawa, and I don't
> have it set up
> so didn't work on the driver).

0xf0821000 is the HIL device address connected via ASP
(Model 715/33 and maybe others?). 0xf0201000 is the
HIL device address connected via WAX / LASI.

If you need a tester for a new HIL-driver on a 715/33
(like Matthew was using), please let me know. I have
been using Matthew's hack on my workstation until it
ceased to work, and it allowed me to see the first

Ulrich