[parisc-linux] HFS linux implementation

Dominik Kubla dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:28:02 +0100

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 01:09:49AM -0500, Nick Cabatoff wrote:

> Actually, it looks like just stock UFS with ACL support, as far as I can
> see.  Even that's kind of optional; many sites don't use ACLs at all
> (hell, dump/restore don't know about them), and it looks like a
> read-only implementation that just ignored them would work fine.  I
> think that would be almost too easy given the existing linux UFS module
> though, so once that much is working I'll probably do a writeable
> version that preserves ACLs, even if it doesn't allow you to work with
> them.

Well, just talk to the linux-acl folks... they are just pushing the
(former ext2) ACL stuff up into the VFS, in order to have a generic
API to access the filesystem specific ACL implementations.  Unfortunately
the ACL development still lingers in 2.2 territory, but that's no excuse
not to think ahead and at least add the hooks for it when one touches
a file system anyway.

Web pages are at:    http://acl.bestbits.at/