[parisc-linux] HFS linux implementation

Nick Cabatoff ncc@cs.mcgill.ca
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:59:21 -0500

On Mar 10, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
> Nick> I'm interested in the possibility of doing a linux module to
> Nick> mount HFS filesystems (read-only would satisfy me I think, and
> Nick> is a reasonable target.)
>
> I implemented read only hfs support in the early days of the PA-RISC
> port.  It appears my ufs changes didn't get merged in when we moved
> from 2.2 to 2.3, though.  Will fix...

Could I get a copy of the 2.2 version to satisfy my curiosity?

> One of Paul Bame's colleagues looked into implementing write support
> at some point, but I don't know status on that project.  Paul?

Since (expirimental) writeable UFS exists in the current kernel, and I
assume your implementation is a patch to the existing UFS code, I
don't imagine it would be difficult.  I'll try and do it if the person
you mention doesn't have time.

Is there any point in doing ACLs if you haven't already?