[parisc-linux] Value of an old K-class server

Frank Benke frank.benke@web.de
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 12:47:41 +0100

"T. Martin" schrieb:

> On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Barrie Spence wrote:
>
> > Sandy Harris <sandy@storm.ca> wrote:
> > > 712s take
> > > 128 maximum RAM. 715s can go to 256 and have room for more drives. My
> > > guess is a 715/100 might suit you.
> >
> > A 712/100 should have 6 RAM slots giving up to 192Mb.
> >

>  Exactly what kind of Ram does the 715 series use, I tried some in a PC
> and it doesn't work. I get about 48 megs extra from old boxes in 8 meg
> simms.
>
> Terry

afaik: the 715 have special memories, which look like ps2 but aren't. i'm not
even sure if the 712 and 715 use the same simms. you should definitely look for
dedicated 715 memories. i have the same problem with 735s, which use their own
memory design.

regards frank