[parisc-linux] latest glibc checked in

willy@thepuffingroup.com willy@thepuffingroup.com
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 23:34:20 -0500

with that Implies checked in, it'll get as far as trying to build in the
csu directory.  There's a problem with initfini.s -- the autogenerated
one looks something like this:

_init
	.PROC
	.CALLINFO
	.ENTRY

/* cut here */

	.EXIT
	.PROCEND

and then the same for _fini.  Then there's a nasty little sed script
which cuts the file into chunks and leaves the chunk before `cut here'
in one file and the chunk after in another.  So I just delete the 5
directives there and then type `make' and it carries on compiling merrily.
I suspect gcc needs to be fixed to not output those directives for ELF.

Just so I know (not so I can hold your feet to the fire), who's interested
in doing toolchain work, and who's interested in doing glibc work?