[parisc-linux] Lasi Ethernet - update (fixed!)

Helge Deller Helge.Deller@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:14:07 +0100

Am Fri, 03 Mar 2000 schrieb Bdale Garbee:
> In article <00030302170400.19213@P100> you wrote:
>
> > During the tests here, it seems, that the current kernel doesn´t handle
> > ARP-requests properly. When I ping one of the machines, the 715 segfaults at
> > once with:
> >   "Unexpected Interruption!: Code=31 regs=..... (Addr=0000000)"
> > Does this happen on other machines/netcards too ?
>
> For what it's worth, I have no problem pinging my A180 running a kernel I
> built with the bits that were current in CVS yesterday booted with NFS root.
>
> Bdale

Hi Bdale,

Thanks for your response.
I found the bug in the lasi-ethernet driver, so it works now ! The problem
was, that the kernel crashed right after going to user-mode, and so I assumed
that it was a general kernel-related problem and not related to the
lasi-ethernet-driver.

This is fixed now in CVS. People, who have older machines are now able
to boot the kernel via nfsroot.

Helge.