[parisc-linux] Help! can't get serial console on 715/75

morrison@southwind.net morrison@southwind.net
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:41:07 -0600

I recently acquired several HP 700 series boxes, and am not able to
get into a serial console on a 715/75.  I did not get any monitors with
them.  I have been able to get a serial console up on a 715/100, and
on a 735/125, so the serial setup is known to work, but the 715/75
boxes simply will not respond.  I have disconnected the graphics
card, with no change.  I do have HIL keyboards, but have not been
able to set the console to rs232 working blind.  Suspecting secure
mode was on, I disconnected all drives and attempted to set secure
off blind, to no avail.

Any help appreciated, additional info available if it will help

Marc Morrison
would-be HP user