[parisc-linux] cvs setup

willy@thepuffingroup.com willy@thepuffingroup.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:39:48 -0500

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 01:32:39PM -0500, mike_clapper@hp.com wrote:

You sent your mail as RTF for some reason -- I managed to read it, but I
can't reply to it properly.

The problem you are experiencing is because the recipe you read is wrong.
It needs to be updated to reflect reality :-)

I'll add a section detailing which repositories contain what, something
along these lines:

binutils	Binutils 2.9 including hppa-linux (ELF)
binutils-old	Old Binutils
boot_code	?
boot_tools	?
egcs-old	Old EGCS 1.1.2, implementing SOM hppa-linux
gcc		EGCS 2.9 including hppa-linux (ELF)
glibc		GNU C Library including hppa-linux
linker		HP SOM linker
linux		Linux 2.2.  Obsolete, no longer in development.
linux-2.3	Linux 2.3.  Current development branch.
minilibc	A smaller libc which was easier to get going initially.
palo		PA/Linux boot loader.
userspace	Some small userspace utilities
website		The source for http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/