[parisc-linux] Value of an old K-class server?

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 07:48:49 +0800

First of all, thanks to two Robs (Womack and Hoppe), Willy and Grant for
their feedback.  With any luck I'll be able to talk 'em into a cheap deal -
especially seeing as it's costing them a fair whack per month for floor space
rental in a data centre, even though it's switched off ...

Willy also said:

> 300 series... aarrrgghh :-)  300/400 series machines are m68k based.
> We are sharing their HIL keyboard driver (share in the sense of `copied
> and made changes but will merge back later' sense), and Steve Shack
> mentioned something about the 300-series STI interface recently.

I'm a bit confused by this.  I thought the HP 375 was a PA-RISC thingy.
Certainly there have been numerous people on this list talking about getting
their 315's or whatever to boot the parisc-linux kernel.

Had me a look at the HW database, and it says the 375 carries a 'PA7000'
processor.  (As a side note, the link for this in the database,
"http://216.208.98.4/view.php3?type=cpu&name=PA7000 (PCX-S)", made my proxy
server unhappy.  Dropping the " (PCX-S)" off the end of it helped.)

Is a PA7000 not a PA-RISC chip?

Showing my ignorance,

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                http://www.neep.com.au/

  "Just remember Basil, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
  "Oh, really?  I'd like to meet him ... I could do with a good laugh."
                 [ Sybil and Basil Fawlty, "Fawlty Towers" ]