[parisc-linux] Recipe

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:21:49 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Brian S. Julin wrote:

> > /usr/src/parisc/gcc/configure --target=hppa1.1-linux --prefix=/usr/parisc \
> >   --host=i586-linux --disable-nls --with-includes=/usr/parisc/include
> > make
>
> This needs to be "make LIBGCC2_INCLUDES=-I/usr/parisc/include" (on my
> system at least, which is a Debian slink based Corel Linux 1.1 with slink
> updates.)  The --with-includes didn't seem to do much, though
> maybe I just didn't notice.

You're right.  I forgot.

> The --{disable|without}-nls seems not to be necessary on (most?) Linux
> systems.

--disable-nls turns off support for error/warning messages in languages
other than English.  If English is not your native language, you will want
--enable-nls.  (And turning the option on for native-English speakers
doesn't hurt.  It just adds a little code bloat)

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.