[parisc-linux] Linux make dep scsi error

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:46:29 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, D'Angelo, James wrote:

> I've been fairly successful with building the compile environment, except
> for this error message I seem not to be able to get past.  Any ideas?
>[snip]
> 	drivers/scsi/scsi.a: could not read symbols: Malformed archive

I'm a bit confused by your subject line.  "make dep" shouldn't be doing
any linking!  Assuming the subject is wrong...

What does "ls -l drivers/scsi/scsi.a" tell you?  Is it a zero length file
by any chance?  "hppa1.1-linux-objdump --headers drivers/scsi/scsi.a"
might show something useful too.

Also, try a "make distclean", then re-make if you haven't already tried
this.

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.