[parisc-linux] Unable to open console on a 712

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:28:17 +0200

Hi Tara,

Am Wed, 07 Jun 2000 schrieb Tara Dear:
> I am trying to boot a 712/80.
>
> When built with ramdisk20000530-sticon.tgz and specifing sti console in
> menuconfig, make dep doesn't run clean

I will look into this later this evening.
(did you disabled the serial-console in this configuration ?).

> When built with ramdisk2000530-sticon.tgx and NOT specifing sti console
> in menusconfig, make dep works but  booting stops after :
>
>         kmem_create: Forcing size work alignment -nfs_fh
>         VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
>         request_irq(538, c01bb030, 0x4000000, serial, c0289794)

This seems to be correct. The kernel switches to the serial-console, so that
all output goes to your serial port. You should check it again with
ramdisk20000530-sercon.tgz or change the major/minor of /dev/console in the
sticon-ramdisk to 5,1.

> At this point certain key strokes create responses
>         keyb_at: K_NONE for 125                              //when
> pushing page up
> or
>         keyboard: unrecognized scancode (61) - ignored
> //when pushing ctrl

you get this output, because we do not disable the pdc-console completely for
now.