[parisc-linux] New glibc and new linker SEGV

bame@puffin.external.hp.com bame@puffin.external.hp.com
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:39:12 -0600

I mergeed our glibc with June 1 sources from sourceware.cygnus.com
and it appears to be pretty healthy so I'm committing it.  FYI the
CVS e-mail message is truncated because after 30 minutes of CPU time
I got tired of waiting for the damn perl script and killed it :->

However the glibc build needs to be faked out a bit because the latest
(otherwise pretty darn good) linker is dying inside the glibc build
with:

    hppa1.1-linux-gcc -nostdlib -nostartfiles -o locale/localedef [...]
    collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
    make[2]: *** [/work/xc-build/build-glibc/locale/localedef] Error 1

Since these glibc-built executables aren't being used yet, I fake out
the build by doing "cp /bin/date locale/localedef", then run make again,
copy /bin/date over the next failed link target, repeat until the make
succeeds.

Oh, and if you see
    test ! -d CVS || cvs commit -m'Regenerated from ../sysdeps/gnu/errlist.awk ../manual/errno.texi' ../sysdeps/gnu/errlist.c
    Permission denied
just restart the make :-(

I updated the pre-built toolchain for Debian potato x86 at
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/tgz/elf32x86.tar.gz

		-Paul Bame