your mail

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 07:56:53 -0400

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 01:06:33PM -0500, borislav dzodzo wrote:
> hi i found some of your posts on
> http://puffin.external.hp.com/mailing-lists/parisc-linux/2000/
> and i thought you might know if
> there already exists a linux version of fsck for
> under pa-risc for HFS (not apple but HewlettPackard).

HP's HFS is a BSD Fast Filesystem (FFS) derivative.  There are a few
minor differences, but they are very closely related.  By studying the
HP-specific magic numbers added to recent 2.3/4 series kernels, you should
have no problem making a fsck.ufs or fsck.ffs work on Linux.  If anyone
can find one, let me know, and a mkfs would also be useful to have.