[parisc-linux] HIL support on 715/old ?

Ulrich Strelow ulrich_strelow@yahoo.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 03:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 03:42:26PM -0400, Chris Snow
> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone tested the HIL support on 715/old
> [33,50] ?  We are seeing
> > hangs here and I was wondering if that might be
> the problem ...
>
> that was what i wrote it on originally (wrote is a
> little strong; it's
> basically philb's hil driver from linux/m68k).
> however, i haven't tested
> it recently (eg since we moved to 2.3).

As I wrote earlier to this list ( see
http://puffin.external.hp.com/mailing-lists/parisc-linux/2000/06-Jun/0018.html
) the linux-2.3-pre8 is not able to boot on a 715/old.
It hangs during the initialization of the ASP chip. So
I guess that HIL (which depends on ASP) is not working
right now either.

Tara Dear had a similiar problem on a 715/50. So I
suspect that this is not a problem related to my
715/33 or my build environment.

Ulrich