[parisc-linux] scheduling

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:09:20 -0400

i can't seem to find any documentation on the HP website about scheduling
instructions for different processor models.  gcc currently defaults to
scheduling for the PA700 (presumably this is PCX?), and can be asked
to schedule for PA-7100, PA-7200 or PA-8000.  i'm guessing that 8200,
8500 and 8600 have slightly different scheduling requirements.

my main question is, what should we default it to?  does scheduling for
PA-8000 have a really bad effect on other CPU models?  or vice versa,
is scheduling for PA-700 a really bad choice for PA-8x00 CPUs?  i know
later PA models have all the fancy register renaming stuff in them so
it may not make much difference, but i'm curious.