[parisc-linux] Don't rebuild gcc/glibc yet

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
11 Jul 2000 11:42:49 -0400

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

>   > (i.e. are there definitions of those functions anywhere?)
> I believe they're in libc.a or milli.a on hpux systems.

Yes, actually, gcc/config/pa/quadlib.c, as I discovered when looking
at the other PA targets.

>   > I get 'sizeof(long double) == 0' when configuring glibc, but
>   . strangely enough it still wants to use them...
> You should never get sizeof long double == 0 -- if long doubles are
> not supported, they should be treated like doubles.

Yeah, I realized why that is, it's because glibc's configure.in does:

dnl check for the size of 'long double'.
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(long double, 0)

Which makes sense :-)

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/