[parisc-linux] Architecture string change

Bdale Garbee bdale@gag.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:55:47 -0600 (MDT)

In article <87og45bqxh.fsf@linuxcare.com> you wrote:

> Some pros and cons of using 'parisc' vs. 'hppa':

I noted the last time I looked that all of HP's web-based documentation on
the architecture seems to use 'parisc' pretty religiously.

When I asked about the apparent confusion a while back, I got the very
strong indication that the parisc-linux community wanted to use 'parisc' for
the arhitecture string in Debian space... so that's the direction I've been
heading (mailing list, web pages, etc).  If we want to change, I can get it
done (no messages have passed the debian-parisc list yet despite over 50
subscribers, for example), but the sooner the better.

I have no emotional loading on this one, I just want to know the answer.  :-)

We *must* decide this once and for all *very* soon.  Pretty please.

Bdale