[parisc-linux] problems with gcc 2.96

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:38:58 +1000 (EST)

On 10 Jul 2000, David Huggins-Daines wrote:

> David Huggins-Daines <dhd@linuxcare.com> writes:
>
> > I've already told willy this, but this is due to the C++ support.
> > Configure with --enable-languages=c for the time being until it's sorted.
>
> Ah, sorry, it happens if you configure glibc without linuxthreads
> support (because, then, you have no spinlocks, obviously).  It seems
> that we've already got the appropriate locking primitives
> there... trying it now.

Yeah, I got enthusiastic about implementing linuxthreads, and put in
support for parisc style spinlocks using ldcw (Load and Clear Word).
We need to grab a lock by clearing it so the locks need to be initialised
to non-zero, which is exactly opposite to other glibc spinlocks.  My
enthusiasm waned when I hit a missing syscall - forget what it was now.

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.