[parisc-linux] e2fsprogs available

Brian S. Julin bri@mojo.calyx.net
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 14:42:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Matt Taggart wrote:
> Using the above I was able to natively partition, mke2fs, mount, create files,
> execute files, umount, and fsck using the scsi disk in my 712.

Verified to work on a 715/64 with the LASI/SCSI driver.  Except for the
mounting part, as I don't have a mount binary yet...

Also, in case anyone was wondering, the cross-compiler problems
from ALPHA seem to have been fixed.  I've booted an ALPHA-compiled kernel.

I tried compiling a native binutils, but all the binaries cause
a page fault when run, so I must be missing a configure flag or something.
(Why is it that configure --help just never seems to do the trick :(  )
Would it be a problem that I installed glibc in the nfsroot tree and
then ln'd my i386's /usr/local/hppa1.1-linux/lib to there?

GCC won't build a native, complains about a missing nss symbol.

--
Brian S. Julin