[parisc-linux] Get rid of %r8 linker stubs

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:38:00 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000 bame@riverrock.org wrote:

> So unless we get to change how .init works (ugly hacks to gas perhaps?
> I hope not) I think a special case in the linker is required.  I just
> hope there's some sort of attribute on these magic kludge segments which
> the linker can use rather than hard-coding the names or something.

The linker patch I just checked in to puffin cvs is of the "magic
kludge" variety.  ie. Input sections named .init* and .fini* are handled
specially.  A more general approach would be to group stubs by output
section, at least for output sections that are small enough to be sure
that the stubs can be reached.  The extra work to do this isn't that
difficult - but it's a bit more than my quick fix.

Regards, Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.