[parisc-linux] SOM Linker Status

Dave O'Neill doneill@linuxcare.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:23:57 -0500 (EST)

The SOM linker now compiles and runs on HPUX.  I've only tested it against
itself, but it can link its object files into a linker that can be used to
link its own object files, which...  you get the point.   I'll hit it with
more exhaustive tests later, but it seems to be OK at this point.  The
working code is in CVS.

To get it running on x86, I'm still tackling the byteorder issues that pop
up.  The only troublesome part of this is the huge number of bitfields
that get read from the object files as a stream of characters directly
into various structs.  There don't seem to be any more serious issues on
x86, though, so it shouldn't be long before we have a working SOM linker.

Dave
--
Dave O'Neill, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
doneill@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/