[parisc-linux] PDC calls on the C3000

Alex deVries adevries@thepuffingroup.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:48:49 -0500

Grant Grundler wrote:
> > which takes the rightmost 30 bits from the register, zeroes the whole
> > register and then stores them back into it:
> >       0xffff'ffff'c0xx'xxxx
> > becomes
> >       0x0000'0000'00xx'xxxx
> > and now PDC is happy, and so am I.
>
> This is where the hair on the back of my neck went up.
> The problem is on L-class and N-class machine we have
> I/O and memory addresses which are > 4GB. And PDC will really
> be confused on those platforms.

Right, and so we need access to wide mode registers for those PAT PDC
calls.  So I don't think we can do any of this until we have access to a
64 bit assembler.

In any case, this is not a priority right now.  I think we should only
be concerned with L class starting Feb. 7.  And N class isn't even on my
radar yet.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries