[parisc-linux] Tulip Driver Bug

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:22:27 -0800

John Marvin wrote:

> My understanding is that this code tries to defer work until later because
> too many incoming packets have been handled during the current interrupt.
> The problem is that there is no later.

John,
thanks for bringing it this far.

Can someone verify the IRQ line is remains asserted?

If the IRQ line is asserted, this sounds like a problem in iosapic code.
I've seen this behavior before when iosapic_isr() didn't write the
correct value to the EOI register. I'll review the iosapic code.
But if someone could give me confidence the IRQ is asserted, I'd
appreciate it.

thanks,
grant

Grant Grundler