[parisc-linux] Linux syscall ABI

John Marvin jsm@udlkern.fc.hp.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:17:36 -0700 (MST)

> I don't think I care.  Note that this is for PA1.1 anyway, so we don't have
> large pages architecturally.

But we do have an even smaller resource of block tlb's that can also
map a maximum of 64 Mb at a time, and which also need to be aligned
to there same size that they map. For this reason it might be worth
considering having a 64 Mb offset rather than a 0 offset and not mapping
the first 64 Kb.

> I'd prefer to fix gateway offset now - it's a pretty arbitrary decision,
> but it might break binary compatibility lateron.  My proposal is 0x100.

That's fine with me. We can put break instructions in 0x00-0xfc to catch
anyone branching through a null function pointer.

John Marvin
jsm@fc.hp.com