[parisc-linux] Building the PA-RISC 2.0 kernel with the GCC tool chain
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:18:57 -0800
John Curry and myself have been looking at the PA-RISC 2.0 Port. Here are
some things that I have tried using the latest GCC tool chain.
- I have been able to build an ELF-64 binary using the tool chain. The tools
I have used are:
- gcc version 2.9-hppa-991112
- GNU ld version 2.9-hppa-991112 (with BFD 2.9-hppa-991112)
- GNU Make version 3.77
- I have used a bare bone kernel for the build.
- Most of the assembly files are stubbed out since the assembler directives and
some cases, assembly tricks do not work on the 64 bit architecture.
- The purpose of the build was to test the tool chain and deal with any 64 bit
so no tests have been done:-).
Hope this information is useful for anyone trying to work on a PA-RISC 2.0